The New Planar 1
Rega's classic award winning turntable with a fresh new look.
This multi-award winning ‘Plug and Play’ design utilises Rega's handmade RB110 tonearm, with pre-set bias and a factory fitted Carbon cartridge. Set-up is possible in under 30 seconds and delivers incredible performance well beyond its price point.
Performance Beyond Price
A fresh new look for the multi-award winning Planar 1. We are delighted to introduce the new matt finish Planar 1. Every single aspect of the Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. The Planar 1 uses a bespoke 24 V, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration combined with Rega's hand made RB110 tonearm fitted with unique Rega designed ultra-low friction bearings. The latest EBLT drive belt technology delivers greater accuracy and improved speed performance. If you are looking to get back into vinyl and want serious performance that will last you a lifetime, then look no further.
- EBLT Advanced drive belt fitted as standard
- New matt finish
- RB110 tonearm with ultra-low friction play bearings
- Factory fitted carbon moving magnet cartridge
- Phenolic resin, flywheel effect platter
- High quality, 24 V low noise synchronous motor
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
Tonearm - Brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed, bespoke, ultra-low friction bearings (patent pending). New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most ‘plug & play’ turntable Rega have ever manufactured. Ergonomically, designed headshell for improved usability and appearance.
- Cartridge - Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
- 24 V Synchronous Motor -The first entry-level Rega turntable to use a 24 V, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley offering low noise and better speed stability.
Plinth -Brand new matt finish plinth with vastly improved appearance and ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available, matt black or matt white.
Central Bearing Housing - Performance brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy (patent pending).
- Platter - 23 mm, higher mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
Isolation - The latest design foot assembly increases stability and reduces vibration transfer.
Motor Cover Tray - Motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- Balance Weight - 111 g 'plug & play' balance weight.